Monday, June 10, 2013

The Art of Surveillance

I've waited to say much about the revelations about the NSA. My initial response is still this: of course they're tracking everything. Of course. We knew this would happen when the Patriot Act was passed, then Patriot Act II, FISA, etc.

I've blogged about this in the context of Lancaster's illegal, constant general surveillance of the general population (see 4th amendment, 1st, 14th) through a network of now 165 high-powered, inter-connected video cameras, run by an organization with no accountability whatsoever to the public.

I don't have much more to say except this: organize, force them to stop.

UPDATED:
I just found this old post from 2006 referencing the NSA and Microsoft's China censorship.

So, then, Microsoft, I’d expect this is consistent behavior, you’ve done it before, you’re likely to do it on behalf of other countries, and given the Patriot Act and NSA spying on US citizens, you’re doing it within the US on US citizens? I'm baffled and repulsed.

No comments:

Post a Comment