Monday, June 24, 2013

I, Fashionisto

Yes, I've finally become a fashion blogger. And this is the fashion post. I'm cringing already.

It's a literally hot week for meetings. And with weather like this, you have to wonder what the appropriate dress is, which, as a big guy with fluctuating weight, typically involves some poorly fitting dark shirt with occasionally ironed wrinkled pants with a tear here and there.

I hate shopping for clothes, and I hate having to think about it. It was easier when I wore a coat and tie with khakis (boarding school requirement), or swimsuit with ratty t-shirt (beach bum era), or a suit, tie, and white dress shirt (pc sales and service), or whatever I've been doing lately (low-income shabby with occasional great find at GoodWill).

I ain't no Kyle Sollenberger, if ya know what I mean.

So I just got back from a department store, with a few bland, cheap choices that appear to be mostly comfortable and light. They should last about two weeks. Hopefully I'll have plenty of time to cool down and dry off after leaving 95 degree heat with 75% humidity.

How about you? What makes getting clothes easier for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment