Monday, July 2, 2012

July

I've just wrapped up helping HonestlyNow with its platform and model, and it's on a good path. Tereza's a passionate entrepreneur and will do well; I fully expect to see news of either a growth round of capital or an exit in the next six months (sorry if that's TMI, Tereza, but to me both possibilities look great).

At some point I'll post more about my experiences there, but what I'll say now is I really enjoyed working Tereza and her team, and didn't expect a 6-week engagement to stretch to five months.

Which leads me to July.

July's wide open, so I'm scheduling it for, well, me time. And I really mean scheduling it, because if I don't, it will be over and I'll be on to the next thing wondering what I did with the time.

Here's the plan:

  • work on the book 2 hours/day.
  • surf at least 3 times a week. Waves, not web. 
  • teach my new dog Bear some tricks, like don't poop on the rug. (He's a rescue, has issues, but I'm getting him some self-help books and enrolling him in doggy yoga).
  • Send the resume around to a dozen tech startup headhunters for exec roles (CEO preferably)
  • crack open Jawaya on Node.js again. I was very close to launching a closed beta when I took on the gig, and true to form I set it aside to focus on the gig. 
  • Record a few new songs. Just laid down the first tracks last night. 
  • Road trip... see some old friends up and down the east coast. 
  • Ignore the West Coast. I think. 
  • lose 15 lbs. I'm down about 31 from a 15 months ago, and I'm turning up the exercise. It's been fun. 
  • Establish two new community gardens. 
  • Possibly raise money for a startup incubator/accelerator I'm thinking about starting. But I'll likely put that off until August. 
I'm not going to look terribly hard for the next gig--I'd rather create it myself. But if you know of any funded startups that need adult supervision, leadership, a turnaround, or all three, send them my way. Especially if they're close to a low-wave surfing beach. 

Alright Bear, time for that walk :)


No comments:

Post a Comment