Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tuesday's list

Three Tuesdays out of every month I have School Board meetings--sometimes twice during the same day. I tend to schedule calls and meetings during those days and code very little. 

The last Tuesday (and if I'm lucky there are five Tuesdays so I get time off two weeks in a row) is free. I hardly know what to do with myself. 

So I make the list. 

Today the list is mostly bugs, testing, and aesthetics. But in advance of the New Year, I've added 'YMCA', 'Market', and 'cleaning'. I'm not a habitually neat person, but I've been spending 30-60 minutes a day recently just cleaning or straightening stuff out. It makes a huge difference in quality of life. 

Market is Central Market--the country's oldest operating market. THere are only a few organic stands there; I get my local grass-fed, free-range, liberal thinking meat and eggs there, and in the winter the organics come from greenhouses and trucks from warmer climes.

The YMCA is the tough one. If I can simply get there, I'll work out. But I often listen to that lazy bum in my head that complains it's too cold, or I'm too tired, or whatever. No more of that--it's on the list. 

If it's on the list, it gets done. That's the rule, and it works. 

Make your list.

No comments:

Post a Comment